Tuesday, December 12, 2017

SIOP Day 3 Lesson Delivery

What have I done/would like to do to adapt my lessons: Size: Adapt the number of items Time: Adapt the period allotted to task Input: Adapt the method of delivery Output: Adapt the way learner responds Difficulty: Adapt skill level or problem type Participation: Adapt student involvement Level of Support: Increase interaction with learner Alternate Goals: Adapt the outcome or the expectations Substitute Curriculum: Use different materials and product goal

5 comments:

  1. I want to adapt the level of support I give my students and increase the interactions among them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This year, I have adapted my lessons by changing the method of delivery. I have a group that I am using jigsaw activity with and they are teaching their peers. Students are developing comprehension questions for their peers to answer instead of teacher developed ones. I have also increased interaction between learners by having more partner talk. This is very important because our speaking domain needs growth across grade-level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My students have one on one devices so I try to utilize their technology as an advantage or tool. I only get to see my students twice a week so I have to make sure I have my materials planned and my supports (pictures, glossary or words linked to a glossary) ready. I use Google Classroom as a tool to organize assignments, provide supports, upload links and passwords. As students become comfortable with Google Classroom and locating the resources and links, this gives me more time to deliver instructions and allow students to work.
    Most of my directions are also typed out so students receive the directions orally and in written form.

    ReplyDelete